Animal Chiropractic care at Animal Wellness Center of Maple Grove involves gentle mobilization of the spinal joints and extremities to restore proper biomechanics and nervous system function in your pet. Whether an animal is athletic or geriatric, chiropractic treatments may help to reduce pain and increase mobility. We have an expert on-staff at AWC who can answer your specific questions and give you more information about the positive effects chiropractic care can have on your pet.
How do I know if my pet needs chiropractic?
You know your animal better than anyone. A change in behavior or mood is often a symptom that your pet is in pain, and might be caused by a joint that is not moving properly. Sometimes they may also experience changes in appetite.
Chiropractic benefits pets with both acute injuries and chronic conditions. It is also beneficial for injury prevention or to keep your pet healthy and happy, even when there is nothing wrong. Your pet may benefit from chiropractic care if you notice any of the following:
- Your pet has difficulty rising from a lying down position or from sitting to standing
- Your pet has muscle stiffness or weakness
- Shaking /tremors in the limbs or the body
- Mobility and gait abnormalities or limping
- Different posture, i.e. hunched back, sitting on one hip rather than squarely
- Your pet has been injured or there is a decreased performance in athletic ability
- Bowel or bladder control problems
- Changes in behavior, mood, or appetite
- Your veterinarian diagnosed your pet with:
- Neck, back or disc problems
- Soft tissue muscle or ligament injury
- Your pet experiences digestive upsets or Allergies and hot spots
- TMJ problems or issues with chewing or dropping food
- Your pet is sensitive to touch
- Or, you just want to maintain a happy, healthy pet!
Benefits of Animal Chiropractic
Using gentle, hands-on chiropractic techniques, restricted joints are identified and corrected to restore and optimize your pet's health. Pet owners often report seeing increased energy, reduced pain or wagging tails after just a few treatments. The comment Dr. Rebecca loves hearing the most is, "My pet is acting like herself again!"
Pet owners report the following benefits and changes in their animals after they have received chiropractic care:
- Decrease in pain and muscle spasms
- Improved range-of-motion and mobility
- Improved gait
- Improved bladder control
- Increased energy and improved health
- Better temperament and mood
- Improved athletic and event performance
- Improved allergy symptoms
- A happy, healthy animal!
"Observational study found that low back pain patients receiving chiropractic care, which typically includes spinal manipulation, are more satisfied than those receiving medical care."
-New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Rebecca Amstutz
Edina Animal Chiropractor | Perpetual Motion Animal Chiropractic